Before I forget: I joined INSTAGRAM! You should find me so we can hang out, all picture-like. I’m jesskeatingbooks!
I was going to say what a busy week it has been, but in all honesty the entire YEAR so far has felt like one big marathon! I have LOTS of updates for you, but they will have to wait until I get my head on straight after revision-mode! To make up for it though, I’ve decided to start a fun roundup for you.
You can’t judge a book by its cover, but maybe you can judge a writer by her open tabs! As someone who researches LOADS of bizarre, beautiful, and kooky stuff for my writing, it’s not uncommon for me to have a zillion tabs open all the time. I figured why not share some of them? Many of you are writers out there (or, in the very least, you’re interested in cool stuff, right?), and you never know when inspiration will strike. Maybe one of my open tabs will spark a story for you!
Here are the goods from this week’s open tabs:
- 12 Beautifully Illustrated Poems about Science and Nature (these are all gorgeous)
- This guide to hobbit mealtimes made me laugh (and also informed me I’m a hobbit)
- What’s the difference between venomous and poisonous? Look no further! (birdandmoon is worth the follow, too!)
- GIANT SNAILS! Say no more.
- Renée Kurilla’s sketchbook/blog makes me smile
- This wonderful list of funny picture books compiled by Margie has been open for days, as I check them off my list!
- Zooarcheology is a thing that you should know about. It’s utterly fascinating.
- Plants have a secret social life. It’s awesome.
- Nature bats last. Just ask these vintage cars! (This scene needs to be in a book, like, yesterday.)
- Writers: this wheely thing of emotions is really quite handy!
- The Natural History Museum has a flickr account for Hymenoptera (wasps!) It’s weird and beautiful!
And just for good measure, since we’re in summer now. Here is “trying to be productive during a heatwave”:
What say you? Have you come across anything interesting in your surfing these days? Leave it in the comments!