I often get emails from readers working on a project or wanting to know more about me. Here are some fun facts to get you started!
- My middle name is Anne.
- My childhood pet was an Alaskan malamute named Kovik—this is him! (He was very fluffy and as big as a couch!)
3. One of the coolest places I’ve ever been is New Zealand. I hiked a glacier there and ate pine syrup! (Pine syrup is not as tasty as maple syrup.) Here are some photos from the trip!
4. One of my favorite books is INKHEART, by Cornelia Funke.
5. I love every kind of popcorn—plain, cheesy, caramel, dill pickle—you name it, I’ll eat it!
6. I have 2 older brothers. Here we are as kids:
7. I outline all of my books in real notebooks (I think real paper has magical qualities that helps get creative juices flowing!) Then, I start drafting my books on the computer. I often write listening to music, and especially love movie and video game soundtracks! Lots of readers think that my books get written quickly, but the truth is, they take lots and lots of revision to make them ready for you!
8. When I was younger, I worked at a wildlife rehabilitation center, caring for injured and orphaned wild animals. It was fun! (And very, very smelly.)
9. If I could have any superpower, I would want the ability to teleport. Or fly. (Or teleport while flying?)
10. I wrote my first book when I was in 4th grade. It was four pages long (not quite a novel!) and it was about a dog who stayed up late on Christmas Eve to catch Santa Claus. It was called Oh My Lanta, I Just Saw Santa!