My book Shark Lady: The True Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean’s Most Fearless Scientist is coming out on June 6th! To celebrate, I’ve scoured the craftiest corners of the Internet for some shark-centric party ideas!
Shark Lady is all about celebrating women in science, as well as showcasing curiosity, courage, and a daring heart. I can’t think of anything better than a book party for Eugenie Clark, so I hope you enjoy these crafts and recipes with your own readers! If you try out any of these ideas below, I’d love to see pictures! (My personal faves are the shark bait popcorn and shark suncatchers!)
I am also thrilled that there is an amazing Shark Lady activity kit for readers to accompany the book, which you can find below!SharkLady_ActivityKit.pdf (436 downloads)
I am also hosting a Twitter party for the occasion, and if you retweet ANY of my tweets labeled with the #SharkParty hashtag, you will be entered to win one of the following prizes:
- A signed, annotated and personalized hardcover of the book when it releases
- A virtual read aloud of the book (I will read the book to your whole class from here and answer questions!)
- A free query critique (for the writers out there!)
Three prizes to three different winners in all. (This contest will begin on May 27th and end on June 27th, and is open internationally!)
Shark Lady Food Ideas!
- Shark Fin Waffles
- Shark infested water
- Life Preserver Donuts
- Shark Marshmallow Pops
- Shark gummy kabobs
- Shark bait popcorn (my favorite!)
- Shark cookies
Shark Lady Craft Ideas!
- Homemade Shark Jaws
- Shark Envelope Chompers & Game
- Shark fin bookmarks
- Origami shark-marks
- TP Jaws!
- Spot sharks with these shark binoculars
- Shark finger puppets
- Shark sensory bottle for little ones
- DIY Shark hats
- Chomping clothespin sharks
- Footprint sharks (for toddlers)
- Sunny shark suncatchers
- Jawsome pencil holders
- Sea life shadow puppets (with gorgeous templates)
Note: If you would like to share the SHARK LADY book trailer with your class, you can find it here!
Happy reading, all!